Friday, November 13, 2009

Red Sled


It’s 6’2” x 23” x 3”. Stringer-less (recycled) EPS core. 2 x 6oz s-glass on both sides laminated with Resin Research epoxy. This is just before sanding & finish coat. It has a thick, crescent tail that I put there solely for visual reasons. The rails are 50/50 throughout. The bottom has belly throughout. The deck is flat. I kept it wide for earlier takeoff, an important asset around here. It’s only been in the water a few times. I just can’t get used to a board this short, despite the float and the weight. I’ve used it as a kneeboard. It worked well for stuffing the whole inside rail into some small faces, then pulling up on the outside rail. I’d like to get comfortable with this board and make more like it, probably thinner noses & tails, but keep the width




No comments: